A blog is not a doctor...

Nothing on this page is meant to substitute for getting the advice of a doctor who knows you and is familiar with your medical history. If you reside in California and wish to be a patient in my advice practice, please go to http://www.myadvicedr.com and click for your free initial consultation.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

ads and ethics

I have an uneasy feeling about ads on this blog....Of course, I'd love to generate some income from it. However, I also don't want to be influenced to put on content that will attract more ads, or to avoid content to prevent certain types of ads from being posted. For example, I'm not really that interested in having ads that push specific medical therapies...it creates a conflict of interest, making it less desirable for me to criticize certain things. I don't mind directly consulting for corporations and disclosing that to my patients so they can evaluate any conflicts of interest, but it's harder to control against the influence of corporate ads, as some of the editors of medical journals have found out the hard way.

No comments: